Welcome to the UKGTF Global Game Jam 2023 Diversifier Page!
This year, we’re delighted to sponsor a Global Game Jam Diversifier for UK-based teams only: “Hidden Heritage”.
Please only use this diversifier if you are a team based in the UK. Select a local landmark or place of cultural / historical interest (it can be fact, fiction, myth or legend) close to your team’s physical location (in the UK) and use it as inspiration for your game ideation. The final game can be set in the past, present or brought into the future, but it should look to raise awareness about a local regional treasure, sparking interest across a wide and varied audience.
You should only use this Diversifier if the entire team is based in the UK
Outcome of Diversifier
All submissions to our diversifier will be included in a short video which will be showcased on our social media platforms, and we will highlight individual games that meet our diversifier to our community of thousands.
So, you’re thinking Tranzfuser 2023 is for you. Why take part in the Global Game Jam too?
There are many, many benefits to taking part in games jams.
- They provide the opportunity for teams to carry out rapid prototyping of game ideas before deciding and committing on the final game they wish to take on into full commercial development.
- Teams get to know more about the game production pipeline and learn valuable lessons about scope, capacity and managing resources.
- They provide individuals with the opportunity to meet different teams and network within new communities, hopefully finding friends and colleagues for life.
- Game jams are a space for pure creative and inspirational thinking.
- Game jams may be short, but they can often provide as close to a real world experience of shipping a game than anything else. With a clear deadline to meet, teams get a taste of what life as a commercial game dev may well be like…while still having fun!
UKGTF Diversifier Intro
Hear directly from the UKGTF team about what the GGJ 2023 UKGTF Diversifier is!