Congratulations to those who took part in this year’s Global Gam Jam…we hope the experience has left you feeling Full of Beans!
We’ll share an update about submissions to our Diversifier will be soon.
The following information is supplied for reference only.
Baked beans are a British delicacy that when used in this turn of phrase represent enthusiasm and energy. The final game should incorporate elements of this British saying, be it abstract, literal or something in-between. We are looking to be feeling “Full of Beans” after playing it!
You should only use this Diversifier if the entire team is based in the UK
Hear directly from the UKGTF team about what the GGJ 2024 UKGTF Diversifier is!
Outcome of our Diversifier
Selected submissions to our diversifier will be included in a short video which will be showcased on our social media platforms, and we will highlight individual games that meet our diversifier to our community of thousands.
“Diversifiers are a great way to add a little more fun or challenge to your jam weekend. Sometimes they can be very helpful to limit your scope or refine your ideas. They are totally optional constraints you can choose to add to your game alongside the main focus of the theme. It can help your game stand out from the crowd…they are a free-for-all voluntary list of secondary creative constraints and challenges that can be followed during Global Game Jam. Each year our community suggests fun and interesting Diversifiers to challenge their fellow jammers…”
So, you're thinking Tranzfuser 2024 is for you. Why take part in the Global Game Jam too?
- Game Jams provide the opportunity for teams to carry out rapid prototyping of game ideas before deciding and committing on the final game they wish to take on into full commercial development.
- Teams get to know more about the game production pipeline and learn valuable lessons about scope, capacity and managing resources.
- They provide individuals with the opportunity to meet different teams and network within new communities, hopefully finding friends and colleagues for life.
- Game jams are a space for pure creative and inspirational thinking.
- Game jams may be short, but they can often provide as close to a real world experience of shipping a game than anything else. With a clear deadline to meet, teams get a taste of what life as a commercial game dev may well be like…while still having fun!